KETO BURNT BUTTER COOKIE SKILLET
Indulge yourself and the whole family with this delicious Keto Burnt Butter Cookie Skillet recipe from Nourish in 5 by Amy Lee.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES||DIFFICULTY20|
½ cup butter or vegan butter
1 large egg or Organic Road Flaxseed ‘egg’*
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Natural Road Almond Flour
½ teaspoon Natural Road Himalayan Pink Salt
½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
*Combine 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 2½ tablespoons water (use as an egg substitute)
- Preheat oven to 175°C fan-forced. Heat butter in a 22cm non-stick pan over high heat until bubbling. Reduce heat, cover pan, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the butter starts to brown. Once browned, remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- While butter is cooling, whisk together the ‘egg’, vanilla and sweetener in a large bowl. Add cooled butter and mix in well.
- Place almond flour into a bowl, add the salt and half the chocolate chips. Mix gently until the batter is well combined. It will be a little thicker than cookie dough. Smooth batter into a skillet with an ovenproof handle, and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- To serve, cut into 10 slices and serve warm with sugar-free ice cream.