CRISPY VEGETABLE FRITTERS
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES||DIFFICULTY3030|
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Melrose Essential Greens Powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or tasty cheese
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
1. Place zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 minutes before squeezing out excess liquid. Steam broccoli until bright green and al dente, and set aside.
2. Place chickpea flour, garlic powder, Essential Greens, and water in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add egg, broccoli, zucchini, coriander, cheese and sea salt, and mix to form a thick, pourable batter.
3. Heat a frypan over medium heat and add coconut oil; when it is hot, add heaped tablespoonsful of fritter mixture to the pan, forming them into a circular shape. Cook 2-3 at a time, for 3-4 minutes each side.