SWEET POTATO QUINOA PATTIES
Learn how to make a delicious sweet potatoes quinoa burger patties by our guest Elise Blight.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES||DIFFICULTY|
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons yeast flakes⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2/3 cup Organic Road Rolled Oats⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoons Organic Road Chia Seeds soaked in 6 tablespoons water)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tablespoon olive oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Salt & pepper to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Juice of 1/2 lime⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 teaspoons paprika⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- GF bread crumbs to coat⠀
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan-forced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Combine the mashed sweet potato, quinoa, nutritional yeast and oats. Stir until combined⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add in the chia eggs and stir. Followed by the the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and paprika. Combine until a batter forms.
- Form patties and place on line baking tray. Use about 1.5 heaped tablespoons of batter for each patty, roll into a ball and press down on the tray. The mixture will make 14 patties.
- Coat in GF bread crumbs. Then place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Flip patties after 20 minutes, then cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy. ⠀